Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So, I'm walking to work this morning...

... and as I'm waiting for he light to change, I see a white delivery van go past. And on the side, it says:

"FedEx Express"

Now, check me on this... The comnpany is (or was) "Federal Express"...

Which makes this Federal Express Express.

Is all of their marketing being done by the Department of Redundancy Departmant?

Is this because they're aftaid people won't KNOW what "FedEx" means...? Or is it to somehow differentiate it from their "FedEx - Slow as $#!+" division?

I dunno... I dunno...
----------

On a different note:

Regarding my previous posting about things changing - The other night I was reminded of things that HAVEN'T changed.

Bill Cosby was on the Tonight Show and, my goodness; the man's still got it. Granted, he did his stand-up sitting down, but "Bill Cosby Is (STILL) A Very Funny Fellow".
----------

No Closing Thought for Today - I had my closing thought at about 7:30 tonight and you missed it. Sorry! Please Try Again!

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger amysue said...

Where's my snow?

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger amysue said...

Um. Perhaps I was too brief. I need at least one storm in order for winter to have really happened. Is that too much to ask?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Akicita said...

You may, in fact, already know this, but just in case...

Yes, it does serve to differentiate between FedEx Express and FedEx Slow-as-S#@*, or however it was you spelled snails.

However, FedEx would rather you thought of it as FedEx and FedEx Even-more-Express. And kindly delete all reference to NewSpeak from your memory banks. Fnord.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger MikeMoyle said...

You can't(Fnord) fool me(Fnord): There's no such word as Fnord(Fnord)

-M-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home