Sunday, March 11, 2007

And another thing that ticks me off...

People fascinate me; they really do.

I'm particularly fascinated by their (presumably) unconscious egotism.

Okay, that should probably be "our" egotism - since I'm posting this like I think that I've got something worthwhile to say. But at least this can be ignored; the stuff that I'm talking about really CAN'T be.

Case in point: Okay; assuming for some reason that you have an actual NEED for a Hummer, or some other big-ass SUV - business haulage, you have a cabin ten miles off any paved road, etc., fine... it makes good sense. But if you NEVER take it off of city streets, then what's the point? The only one that I can see is to say: "HEY, EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME-E-E-E-E-E!!" But even that pales, almost into insignificance, against the one(s) that I've seen locally that are painted BRIGHT YELLOW.

Now there are three reasons that I can see for this:

1 - As noted above: ""HEY, EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME-E-E-E-E-E!!", but with added exclamation point action;
2 - The words "...must take delivery from dealer stock..." played a large part in the purchasing decision, or;
3 - The owner is afraid that people WON'T REALIZE THAT HE'S A DICK!

I am ignoring as almost completely unlikely the fourth possibility: that the driver is using the bright color to intentionally *WARN* people to steer clear because he's a moron - this would be too self-analytical to expect.

(...For my part, is it evil of me to be amused by the fact that the dick in question takes the Short Bus to work every day...?)

But, in all fairness, I've actually gotten resigned to the above. The latest thing that's ticking me off is the cell phones with the walkie-talkie capability.

Look, people, if you MUST carry on a conversation in public on a walkie-talkie, can you TURN THE FRICKIN' *BEEP* DOWN?!!? Is this even possible? It just needs to be loud enough that you and the person on the other end know that you've let go of the bloody TALK BUTTON!

...BUT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT!!!! I mean, it's YOUR THUMB, ISN'T IT?!!?

...And the beeps that come through from the other end are, generally, quieter than the one that we hear from YOUR handset, so, again... WHAT'S THE POINT!

The other thing that annoys me about them is that, while listening to one half of the average inane cell phone conversations was simultaneously boring AND annoying, listening to BOTH sides just becomes depressing, since it drives home the fact that there are TWICE AS MANY OF YOU OUT THERE!!

Again: Are you afraid that people won't notice that you're a dick?

Yeeeesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home